Justice Outside is seeking outdoor program delivery partners for the 2021 and 2022 cohorts of the Outdoor Educators Institute.
Introduction & Background
The Outdoor Educators Institute (OEI), which will run from August 21 to November 21, 2021, is seeking outdoor program delivery partners. We are accepting proposals in response to this RFP in order to find qualified sources to provide engaging and enriching outdoor trainings and programs. Our goals in partnering with outdoor organizations are to::
- Give participants outdoor exposures accompanied with a skill set that will make them better equipped to lead outdoor programming themselves.
- Empower participants to cultivate relationships with industry professionals that will lead to mentorship and employment in the outdoor field.
- Encourage partner agencies to be change makers in the movement to bring cultural relevancy, inclusion, and equity to the outdoor field.
- Deliver a wide breadth of knowledge of outdoor organizations and activities that can be utilized in creating and implementing outdoor programs for youth-serving agencies.
The objective of this Request for Proposal is to identify delivery partners that will provide the best overall value to the Outdoor Educators Institute. While price is a significant factor, other criteria will form the basis of our award decision, as more fully described in the Evaluations Factors below.
OEI seeks to support participants from historically underrepresented individuals and communities to develop their outdoor skills, continue their growth as culturally relevant outdoor leaders, and provide opportunities for outdoor employment and volunteering, as well as support in building outdoor programming for their communities.
The description of this project is as follows:
OEI is a three-month long professional and workforce development program offered on weekends in the summer and fall of 2021, starting on August 21st. OEI trainees will learn and practice a variety of outdoor skills necessary to their continued growth as a culturally relevant outdoor leader. Please consider if you are able to provide programs, and if you are the best community partner to do so.
We seek multiple partners to deliver a variety of outdoor offerings so that participants not only gain best practices for specialty fields, but also have a community of support for their outdoor work upon completion of OEI.
The successful RFP applicant will be responsible for the safe delivery of their outdoor component, all the logistics of the delivery of the program, equipment to be utilized, as well as an evaluative process that is in alignment with the OEI mission and goals.
RFP & Project Timelines
Request for Proposal Issuance: June 28, 2021
Request for Proposal Close: July 19, 2021 (Opportunities filled on a rolling basis until then)
Delivery Timeframe: August 21 – November 21, 2021
The criteria set forth below should be met to achieve successful completion of the project:
- Pre-program meeting(s) with Delivery partner and OEI Program Manager to align curriculum to meet the needs of the OEI participants.
- Instruction to participants addressing the logistics, equipment, and specialized skills.
- Safe and professional delivery of the outlined outdoor component.
- Culturally relevant program evaluation.
The Outdoor Educators Institute reserves the right to select the applicants that present the best value to the Outdoor Educators Institute as determined solely by Justice Outside in its absolute discretion.