Are you seeking an opportunity to be a part of a team that is focused on systems change? Our systems change approach includes grantmaking, anti-racism training, career pathway development, and capacity-building. Justice Outside advances racial justice and equity in the outdoor and environmental movement. We shift resources to, build power with, and center the voices and leadership of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color because the health of current and future generations demands it.
Justice Outside’s consultancy work is called Training and Support and is one of five programs of Justice Outside. This position will join the Training and Support team and is responsible for providing our suite of consultation services to, and management of, our client portfolio. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating trainings about racial justice, equity, and inclusion; conducting organizational audits; completing and tracking consultation deliverables; maintaining new and existing client relationships; securing new client partnerships, and managing multiple project timelines simultaneously. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer, and works closely with the Training and Support Managers and a team of external contractors.
Consultation and Facilitation Services (40% of time)
- Design and provide racial justice, equity, inclusion, and cultural relevancy consultation and coaching services individually and/or with another Justice Outside facilitator
- Lead and Implement organizational audit activities such as develop a project timeline, conduct document reviews, create and administer surveys, conduct focus groups, and analyze data
- Develop a critical analysis and write reports that translate audit findings into recommendations reports that help to advance client’s equity, inclusion, and racial justice efforts
- Provide direct feedback to clients about the findings and recommendations; support with client’s plan to share report with their staff
- Facilitate justice, equity, and inclusion trainings to clients, virtually and in-person
Client Services & Partnership Management (40% of time)
- Serve as Lead for a client load, including building out and tracking deliverable schedules for partnerships; communicating in a timely manner with client regarding contract status and progress reports; maintaining regular feedback loops to assess efficacy and necessary pivots
- Navigate conversations about racial justice and equity with an understanding of how white privilege and white supremacy culture interplays with client’s stated efforts to advance equity, inclusion, and justice
- Prepare for and facilitate external meetings with clients, including timely follow-up
- Engage potential clients in initial conversations to learn about their interests and provide early recommendations for services Justice Outside can provide them
- Work closely with other managers & directors / leadership team to ensure timely, effective communication of programs and services on an ongoing basis
- Generate new consulting opportunities through community networking, client relations, and attending conferences
- Work closely with the Operations Associate to formalize proposals, contracts, and additional partnership logistics such as contracts and billing schedules
Program Development (20% of time)
- Support with on-boarding, training, and coaching additional facilitators as recruited
- With the Justice Outside team, contribute ideas for the development, implementation, and documentation of systems that can strengthen the organization’s operations, in particular as it relates to streamlining processes for the Training and Support program
- Participate in ongoing professional development that ensures the continued relevancy of the organization’s internal and external approach to racial justice, equity, inclusion, and cultural relevancy
- Create and implement equity-centric curriculum and training materials
- Serve as a subject matter resource to Justice Outside staff, board members, and program Alumnx on matters related to the continued evolution of racial justice, equity, inclusion, and cultural relevancy work
- 4+ years of consultation experience, with considerable experience facilitating conversations and trainings about racial justice and equity with an understanding of how power, privilege, and white supremacy culture interplay with efforts to advance equity, inclusion, and justice
- 3-5 years of project management experience with the ability to take initiative, follow-through and complete all tasks assigned
- Experience with and demonstrated capacity to actively lead racial justice oriented projects and a proven track record of effectively managing multiple client relationships simultaneously
- Experience developing and implementing racial justice, equity and inclusion specific reports, programs and curriculum
- Ability to work in a fast-paced highly collaborative work environment and support the team by taking on additional clients when needed
- Ability to adjust and adapt readily to multiple demands, constituencies, and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Effective English oral, written, and facilitation skills with the ability to create and hold a productive and brave space through difficult conversations, high emotions, and social justice themed curriculum
- Ability to effectively communicate the values and expectations of Justice Outside
- High attention to detail and experience using office management tools to stay organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take and give direction and feedback on a variety of topics in addition to identifying, researching and resolving complex issues that may arise
- Familiarity with software and tools such as Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Zoom, Miro, Padlet and social media platforms
- 4 years or more of higher education or at least 7 years of related work experience
- Familiarity with the philanthropic sector, particularly relating to racial justice, equity, and inclusion
- Familiarity with the outdoor and environmental sector, particularly relating to racial justice, equity, and inclusion
- Comfortable with in-person and virtual methods of facilitation and consultation
- This position is a full-time, salaried position that can be based anywhere in the United States. Applicants from the North West, South West and East Coast regions of the country are strongly encouraged to apply
- Our corporate office is located in downtown Oakland. Please note: There is a need for this position to be flexible with availability for meetings on an as-needed basis during our core business hours of 9am-2pm (PT)/12-5pm (ET)/11am – 4pm (CT)
- We are currently working in a hybrid work environment that supports both remote and in-person. When working remotely, employees must maintain phone and stable internet services to be able to complete work as required.
- This position will require up to 30% travel for in-person client services
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. The Training and Support Manager may be assigned additional duties in support of the team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary starting at $75,000
Benefits include: paid health and dental premiums, an open vacation policy, a supportive team culture, and financial support for individual professional development activities. Successful candidates also have the opportunity to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and an intentional cover letter detailing your previous management experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, to Toya Johnson (she/her), HR Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Training and Support Manager.
Justice Outside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.