For media inquiries, please email our communications team at media[at]justiceoutside.org or call (510) 956-3946.
- Policing Is an Environmental Justice Issue: In Solidarity with Atlanta and Memphis (2/24/2023) - Content warning: This piece discusses police brutality, murders by police, and state violence. Please use discretion in reading and sharing. Justice Outside grieves in solidarity with the communities of Manuel Esteban Paez “Tortuguita” Terán and Tyre Nichols. We are grateful to them for doing the work of community care and organizing in the face of state ... Read more
- In Solidarity with Puerto Rico: Invest in Our Communities (10/25/2022) - We honor and stand in solidarity with Puerto Rican organizers and solidarity brigades observing, tracking, and serving local communities’ needs and desire for better systems, infrastructure, and care. In light of the devastating impact of Hurricane Fiona and it’s disproportionate harm to Black, Indigienous, and Communities of Color, we invite our communities to act in ... Read more
- In Solidarity with Jackson, Mississippi: Access to Clean Water Is A Human Right (9/15/2022) - We are grateful to the Black organizers, activists, and volunteers who are honoring the Jackson communities’ right to water, dignity, and life and have taken up the undue responsibility to provide clean water and comfort to people, when the state has failed its obligations. Justice Outside stands in solidarity with the people of Jackson, Mississippi, ... Read more
- Statement on Supreme Court Ruling West Virginia v. EPA (6/30/2022) - Today, we at Justice Outside stand firm in our commitment to environmental justice, and join with our allies in the reproductive justice movement, with disability justice and gender justice and LGBTQIA advocates, with Black, Indigenous, and People of Color all across the United States. As we call to mind all our allies across these United ... Read more
- On Buffalo: Together in Love for Black People Everywhere; In Mourning, In Solidarity, and In Action (5/20/2022) - We are writing today to speak of our deep and abiding love for Black people, Black families, and Black communities everywhere. Last Saturday, May 14, 2022, ten beloved Black lives were taken from the community. Even as we grieve, we are strengthened by the power of Black, Indigenous, and communities of color. We know that ... Read more
- On Accountability and the Path Ahead (4/21/2021) - Dear Friends, Yesterday’s ruling in the trial of Derek Chauvin is a welcome if overdue expression of accountability. As many have rightly pointed out, true justice would entail George Floyd still being alive. While the three guilty verdicts can’t bring him back, we acknowledge the important message sent by the jurors in this case. We’re ... Read more
- In Solidarity with the AAPI Community (3/18/2021) - Reeling from the March 16th mass shooting near Atlanta that left eight people dead, six of them Asian American women, the Asian American and Pacific Islander community is rightfully enraged, frightened, and deserving of widespread and sustained multi-racial support. Justice Outside expresses our unwavering solidarity with the AAPI community. We recognize that this isn’t an ... Read more