OEI: Pathfinders is a 5-month professional development engagement program specifically designed for Outdoor Educators Institute Alumnx to further develop their own outdoor equity-oriented projects. This program will equip the Alumnx with support, networks, and resources to take advantage of in order to create and sustainably implement culturally relevant initiatives, either within an existing organization or completely independently as a non-profit or personal business.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color face a lack of support, funding, and the industry insights needed to get their amazing ideas up and running. The primary focus of OEI: Pathfinders is to examine the obstacles of creating, operating, and managing a sustainable business in an industry influenced, represented, and dominated by white supremacy. Throughout the program, participants will work with industry leaders who will serve as mentors, co-learners, and provide support for the next steps. Our Alumnx receive experience moving their vision forward with business portfolios to support the successful launch of their initiatives.
Applications are now closed. You can follow our socials and join our newsletter to be the first to know when applications go out and to stay up to date with Justice Outside!
Session topics include:
- Mission & Vision creation
- Money, Grants, Fund development
- Communications & Marketing
- Staffing, Board, Volunteer Recruitment
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Program Planning & Implementation
- Day to Day Operations
- Long Term Strategic Planning
- Who: An array of different partner organizations and individuals who reflect the our program participants and have already laid the path
- When: the last weekend of every month starting in March and ending in July
- Where: Hybrid of virtual on Zoom and in-persons hosted in East Bay California
- Cost: ABSOLUTELY FREE TO OEI ALUMNX!
*Following all federal, state, and local guidelines to keep our community safe and healthy through the evolving Covid-19 Pandemic, Justice Outside will make alternative arrangements for in-person meetings if required.
Applications are now closed. You can follow our socials and join our newsletter to be informed for when the next cohort application go out!
We encourage you to view the Frequently Asked Questions Page (FAQ) page before applying. For any other inquiries please email the Outdoor Educators Institute Program Coordinator Lau Hernandez (they/them) email@example.com