For media inquiries, please email our communications team at media[at]justiceoutside.org or call (510) 956-3946.
- The Urgent Need to Show Up (10/18/2018) - “When I have a little more time to clear my head I’m going to write a longer piece about being pulled over in the National Park while I was driving a van full of Black women down the mountain after experiencing a magical hike together. I’m going to tell you about the park police officer ... Read more
- Thank you for showing up at our event! (10/8/2018) - On behalf of everyone at Justice Outside, we want to share our heartfelt appreciation for those of you who came out to our October 23rd event, A Generation of Hope and Change. We hope that you left feeling as inspired by the amazing speakers as we did! (Share on Facebook) The stories they shared about ... Read more
- #DifficultTerrain: Stories of Summer (8/29/2018) - Stories of Summer It’s time for young people to return to school and inevitably, they will be asked – by teachers and peers – about their summer. What did you do this summer? Tell me a story about your summer break…. Will those stories include meaningful experiences outside? Did these youth go for a hike, spend ... Read more
- Diversity – The Dangerous 9-Letter Umbrella (8/2/2018) - Diversity: The Dangerous 9-Letter Umbrella Diversity. This word is constantly used among the groups working in our space. Think about it. Calls for more diversity are everywhere. We need to increase diversity in the outdoors. We need more diverse staff in national parks. We need environmental groups to increase the diversity of their boards and ... Read more
- Introducing #DifficultTerrain (6/14/2018) - Bringing Equity and Inclusion into the Sunlight It’s finally June – the official beginning of summer. It’s the month of the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, and a time to celebrate and honor our connection to the sun and to the earth. For many children, it’s a time to reconnect with the outdoors. School is out ... Read more