Are you seeking an opportunity to be a part of a team that is focused on systems change? Our systems change approach includes grantmaking, anti-racism training, career pathway development, and capacity-building.
Justice Outside advances racial justice and equity in the outdoor and environmental movement. We shift resources to, build power with, and center the voices and leadership of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color because the health of current and future generations demands it. Justice Outside’s consultancy work is called Training and Support (T&S), and is one of five programs of Justice Outside. Justice Outside is seeking to hire a Program Associate to provide highly detailed administrative and logistical support to our Training and Support Team and perform a variety of tasks which include being the initial customer-friendly touchpoint for new and existing clients. Our Training and Support services help outdoor and environmental organizations advance anti-racism within their own work. Through our services, client partners work to end white-centric organizational norms and practices that erase and de-prioritize the contributions of People of Color, and to develop the skills necessary to dismantle the influences of systemic racism within their organizations. The Program Associate is integral to the execution and implementation of our client facing programs/services and ensuring a successful transition of clients to the Training & Support Managers. The person serving in this role will work collaboratively with the Justice Outside team, and report directly to the Chief Program Officer.
Training and Support [T&S] (80% of time)
- Serve as the initial client touchpoint which includes fielding and scheduling new client opportunities via phone, video, in-person, or email
- Create a positive experience and engage potential clients in initial conversations to learn about their interests and provide early recommendations for services Justice Outside can provide them, then warmly handing them off to the T&S Manager for follow-up
- Monitor and manage the payment process for stipends, honorariums, etc. to be given to participants and track these expenses on the budget utilizing the Training and Support software
- Utilize Training and Support software to schedule and track deliverables and invoices for partnerships
- Assist with drafting proposals for services, creating fee-for-service budgets, developing contracts and managing the invoicing process (ex. coordinating an invoicing schedule with clients/partners)
- Communicate with clients regarding contractual obligations related to timely invoicing, progress reports, and compliance
- Maintain regular and consistent feedback with staff and clients/partners to assess efficacy and address necessary pivots or adjustments to ensure responsiveness and success
- Support with preparation and facilitation of external meetings and trainings with clients including timely follow-up utilizing video conferencing platforms if needed (ex. Zoom, Miro, Google Meet, etc.)
- Support the development of internal systems and processes (ex. creation of templates, organizing files and workspace, and offering thought partnership to help navigate or prevent challenges that may arise)
- Provide administrative support with researching travel budgets, as well as coordinating travel and lodging accommodations for the T&S Team
- Provides support as needed to team members, including ordering supplies, organizing equity-centric curriculum and training materials, researching professional development opportunities, and scheduling additional trainings required for success in the department
- Collaborate with the T&S team to manage and monitor the T&S calendar of events
Organizational Programs (20% of time)
- Assist in the implementation of an Alumnx engagement strategy as it relates to Training and Support
- Collaborate with other colleagues to assist with the management of the program calendar for Alumnx engagement opportunities and the maintenance of Alumnx communication roster
- Work closely with the Movement Network Coordinator to support new network of professional clients who are looking to provide trainings about racial justice, equity, inclusion and cultural relevancy
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through with the ability to accurately analyze and synthesize information
- Ability to effectively interact and positively communicate with the Justice Outside Team and external partners
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to track, manage, and prioritize effectively and in a timely manner while working on multiple projects
- Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to remain responsive
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment with a broad range of individuals and organizations with diverse interests and backgrounds
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high energy environment with a commitment to racial justice at the intersection of the outdoors and environment
- 2 years minimum hands-on experience in an administrative role that may have included working with vendors and using software to track people, invoices, deliverables and expenses
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, and Drive), Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Slack Communications Platform, Padlet, and Miro Online Whiteboard Platform
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business is preferred
- 2 years of full-time professional experience in an office setting, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience in racial justice, social justice, environmental justice and cultural relevance
- This is a full-time, salaried position that can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Our Central Offices are located in downtown Oakland, CA. Please note: There is a need for this position to be flexible with availability for meetings on an as-needed basis during our core business hours of 9am-2pm (PT)/12-5pm (ET)/11am – 4pm (CT)
- Employees are currently working in a hybrid work environment that supports both remote and in-person. When working remotely, employees must maintain phone and internet services to be able to complete work as required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Program Associate may be assigned additional duties in support of the organization as a whole.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position begins at $49,000.
Benefits include: generous vacation, paid health and dental premiums, a supportive team culture, and financial support for individual professional development opportunities. Candidates also have the opportunity to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to: Toya Johnson (she/her), HR Specialist at email@example.com with the SUBJECT: Program Associate – Training & Support.
Justice Outside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.